Do you love healthy snacks? With so many people being able to share amazing ideas for delicious tasty treats online, people looking for better nutrition have proven that food you eat in between mealtime can be both nutritious and flavorful.
Snacks can fuel you up and help you get through the day keeping up your energy up & metabolism humming. Check out these 10 healthy and clean snacks.
1- Overnight Oats
- A lot of people tend to think of oats for breakfast, but lots of people use oats in their food for all kinds of meals around the world. Overnight Oats are easy and great for your heart. They’re also really high in fiber, which is something that a lot of people don’t really get enough of. When you get enough fiber, it can prevent you from having serious issues in the gut. You can take a mason jar with a lid, and put ½ cup of steel cut oats, a cup of your favorite almond milk, a fruit of choice, and top with a few sliced almonds. Add a drizzle of honey for sweetness!
2- Guacamole Dip
- This one is super easy, and you only need a couple of ingredients. Avocado is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids and many of its components are antioxidants. That means that it can help you to fight off disease in a few different ways. All you need is 2 - 3 avocados, a ½ teaspoon of sea salt, a teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 roma tomato. If you want to give it a bit of a kick, you can try grinding or mincing up a jalapeno to add to it. Put it with your favorite seed crackers for a healthy snack.
3- Handful of Nuts
- Nuts are one of nature's best snacks. They’re pretty easy to find at most stores, and they’re high in protein. Regular roasted nuts are okay, but raw nuts are better.
4- Roasted Chickpeas
- If you’ve never had roasted chickpeas, then you’ve been missing out. Chickpeas are a high protein and have great benefits for the gut because they help feed important colonies of gut flora. This helps your good bacteria to keep the harmful types of bacteria at bay. They also have the added benefit that they are what have been called, slow carbs because of how they break down in your body. This process helps them to keep you full for longer, so they’re the perfect thing for staving off hunger. Just soak them for overnight then rinse well and hand dry some chickpeas. Toss them with virgin olive oil and your favorite spices. Bake at 200°C until they reach a golden-brown color. You can let them cool and snack away!
5- Handful of Trail Mix
- It doesn’t take a whole lot to put together your very own trail mix. Just select 5 of your favorite nuts. Select one or two dried fruits that you love, and there you go. Also, adding cinnamon to the mix will help in stabilizing out your sugar level. An example would be like ½ cup almonds, 1 cup walnuts, 2 cups cashew, 1 cup dried fruit and ½ cup coconut shredders and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
6- Kale Chips
- Kale has been one of the most celebrated foods by health and nutrition experts in years. In the last 10 - 15 years this leafy vegetable has made its way into everything from salads to smoothies but there’s one more thing that you might not know, and it’s that this king of greens makes a great chip. Just preheat your oven to 165°C. While the oven is heating, rip the kale into small sections. Wash and dry the pieces, then place them on a surface with olive oil and your seasons selection. Bake until crispy.
7- Apple Slices with Almond Butter Drizzle
- Apples have been tied to health for years, and many people swear by them as a general remedy for hunger pains. Apples are also super high in fiber and pectin, so you can have one and know that your skin and liver will thank you for the extra help. Simple and delicious, just a few slices of apple with a very dainty thin drizzle of almond butter over the top. Full of protein, and a great way to settle that craving for sweet things.
8- Energy Bites
- This easy, on-the-go snack and everyone’s favorite. Combine 1 cup of oats with add ½ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup raw honey and mix it all till it forms a sticky paste. Scoop the mixture with a tablespoon, roll it to form a ball shape. Once you’re done transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes, then store them in a glass container in a ridge for a week or in the freezer for a month.
9- Greek Yogurt Parfait
- Plain Greek yogurt & mix fruit make a delicious, nutrient-dense snack. Simply mix your favorite plain yogurt with some fresh fruits & mixed nuts.
10- Dark Chocolate & Almonds
- 70% cocoa solids and almonds are a rich, satisfying and portable snack. Both dark chocolate and almonds are high in magnesium. Dark chocolate is loaded with flavanols that may lower blood pressure and reduce heart disease risk, provided the chocolate contains at least 70% cocoa solids an Almonds are high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and have beneficial effects on blood sugar control.